- by Jessica Barsky
Did you know that you can have your next kids party at the Junior Lounge?
Keep the noise and mess out of your home and allow us to be part of the excitement.
With swimming, badminton, gym games, crafts, scavenger hunts and more options we can help create the party of your dreams.
Check out our current party details and availability online.
SPRING BREAK CAMP REGISTRATION OPEN
Registration is now available online for Spring Break Camp!
We will be running 2 weeks of camp for kids ages 5 - 11 years old.
Camp dates are: March 23rd - March 27th for private schools and March 30th- April 3rd.
This camp is a great mix of physical activity as well as things to let their creative side shine.
Lunch & 2 Snacks Included
Times: Camp runs 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Standard Drop Off: 8:30 am - 9:00 am
Standard Pick Up: 4:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Early drop off available 8:00 am - 8:30 am and late pick up available 4:30 pm - 5:00 pm at additional $5.00 per day. Must be booked in advance.
Some of our activities include:
Items to Bring:
Non-Marking Running Shoes
Full Week Cost:
$225.00 Members $275.00 Non-Members
Cost per day:
$45.00 Members $55.00 Non-Members
All fees are subject to GST
Reminder that the Babysitting Centre will close at 1:00 pm on Saturdays unless extended care is requested by the Friday before.
You can request extended care up to 5:30 pm with the Front Desk.
NO SICK GERMS
If your child is feeling unwell, do not bring them to the WWC or into our childcare areas.
Let’s avoid the spread to other families and staff of the WWC.
Thank you for your cooperation.
- by Jessica Barsky
Rej is back as our Member Hockey Skills & Drills coach after being away with an injury.
Join him on the ice in full equipment every Wednesday morning 6:45 am - 7:45 am.
MEMBER HOCKEY TOURNAMENT ROUND ROBIN | Food & Complimentary Beverage Thursday Night
Our Annual Member Hockey Tournament will be taking place March 2nd - March 7th!
Tournament game days will be on Monday, March 2nd, Thursday, March 5th and Saturday, March 7th
Monday 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm or 8:15 pm - 9:15 pm
Thursday 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm or 8:15 pm -9:15 pm
Saturday 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm or 1:15 pm - 2:15 pm
Final game played Saturday at 3:00 pm
Mark your calendars and get registered!
The Member Hockey Tournament is for Members 18+ of all abilities who love the game!
Different than our regular pick-up hockey games, our tournament games are fully refereed and we play stop time.
When you register, we ask that you include an approximate player rating as once registration closes, your Member Hockey Committee and I will draft your tournament teams as fairly as possible.
WINTER GROUP SKATING LESSONS
Lessons have now started for the Winter session and we have a great looking crew out there ready to work on their skills.
Our Monday evening classes are full, but you can still register for our Saturday morning classes that run 9:45 am - 10:30 am.
MEMBER HOCKEY REMINDERS
Whether you’re new to the Member Hockey Program or a regular, it’s always good to have some refreshers on important information.
Member hockey is for adult members over the age of 18 who want to play a great game of pick-up hockey.
When: Mondays 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm, Thursdays 7:45 pm - 9:30 pm, Saturdays 3:00 pm-4:45 pm & Sundays: 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Watch your Member Hockey emails for any schedule changes!
Full equipment is required. No need to register in advance.
We schedule your goalies. You just show up ready to play!
HERE IS SOME IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO KNOW:
- All players attending Member Hockey need to bring both a light and dark jersey. To effectively balance our teams, we may ask you to switch your jersey color.
- Dressing rooms to change into your gear are located in the arena and we also have the private dressing room where members have assigned stalls. You can rent a stall for $15.00 per month to store their gear. Let me know if you want to be added to the waiting list for a stall.
- Mission Statement: To promote Member Hockey at all levels in a safe and fun environment.
- If players are jeopardizing this environment, they may be asked to take a moment to cool down.
- Member Hockey Oath: In the name of all competitors, I promise that I shall take part in WWC Member Hockey, respecting and abiding by the rules which govern them, in the true spirit of sportsmanship.
- If an issue arises on the ice or the bench that is contrary to the mission statement or oath, the committee members have the right to address the situation at that time. Documentation of the situation will be provided to Jessica.
- Guests: Guests are not permitted to Member Hockey on Mondays, Thursdays or Saturdays. Guests are permitted on Sundays as well as Jets home game days and must be signed in at the front desk. The guest policy applies during the regular hockey season, September to end of May. Guests are permitted in July and August when signed in with the front desk.
WE DO NOT ALLOW:
If an opponent has the puck in the corner, you’re to let them go by. No going hard into the corner to get the puck.
Goalies are required for a game to happen and to ensure they want to come out to play with us remember to:
#1 SHOW UP- It sucks for them to show up and not get enough players.
#2 Treat them with respect/Do not crash the net.
GENERAL SKATING vs GENERAL HOCKEY
General Skate times are set aside for recreational skating. There are no sticks or pucks allowed on the ice at these times and children under the age of 7 must be supervised by an adult.
Please check the skating schedule for General Skating and General Hockey times.
Members are also welcome to come out and enjoy a skate any time there are no programs or rentals scheduled. Please check the skating schedule for available times. All times are subject to change or cancellation. We give our members a minimum of 3 hours notice on any changes to the schedule with new bookings.
- by Trevor Borland
Next week, from January 29th - February 2nd, the MB Closed Squash Championships will be running here at the WWC. The registration deadline for the event is 11:59 pm on Thursday, January 23rd. There are events for players of all levels from beginner to the top players in the province. We also have events for Masters players, Junior players and Doubles. The tournament entries also include two meals as well as prizes. To register, please visit Squash Manitoba.
Do you have any squash racquets that you no longer use or that may have a slight crack in it but it still usable. We are always looking for still playable racquets to use during our camps or intro clinics, so feel free to drop by and drop it off if you have one.
- by Elsie Guenther
3 Course Dinner featuring Manitoba Pickerel.
Looking ahead to January 31st: Prime Rib Buffet
On Friday, February 14th, the Bistro will be offering a lovely dinner for you and your sweetheart.
By reservation only. Please contact the Front Desk to reserve your table.
Regular Bistro will be available in the Riverview Room.
Find us on Facebook and Instagram, Urban Prairie Cuisine
- by Peter Otto
Click the link to find detailsand register for the Regina Tournament that is running January 24th - 26th, 2020. DEADLINE TO ENTER IS JANUARY 21st! REGISTER HERE
WINTER ADULT TENNIS GAMES ON FEBRUARY 28TH! ALL LEVELS OF PLAY!
Our popular social night is scheduled for Friday, February 28th!
- Arrive between 6:30 pm - 7:00 pm and start with your drink from the bar!
- Oncourt: Singles and Doubles games begin at 7:00 pm and goes til 9:00 pm. Open play after 9:00 pm!
- Offcourt: There will be a few breaks for players to enjoy dinner, salads and have a few drinks!
Test your knowledge at a tennis trivia game and win some prizes!
Registration deadline is Tuesday, February 25th!
Open to all members and their guests but space is limited! SIGN UP TODAY AT THE FRONT DESK!
*$25.00/person for members and $35.00/per person for guests of members. Ticket includes dinner, 1 drink and oncourt games
*$15.00/per person for members and $25.00/per person for guests of members. *Ticket includes dinner and 1 drink with no oncourt play.
*charged to your member account.
January 24, 2020
January 31, 2020
February 14, 2020
March 02 - 07, 2020
March 23 - 27, 2020