From infants to seniors, our indoor pool is perfect for your family! The pool is sixty feet long and twenty-five feet wide, with four lanes available for the endurance minded swimmer.
The Aquatics Centre is full of recreational programs to suit every need!
Learn to swim in our Red Cross Swim Kids Program or stay in shape with an Aquafit Class or arrange for a private or semi-private swimming lesson.
There’s lots of free time to swim for pleasure too!
CLICK HERE to view Pool Schedule
View our 2022 Spring/Summer Programs
Glide Fit HIIT Classes (15+ only)
- A low impact, high intensity workout: Glide Fit HIIT workouts are great for people looking to get a workout that is gentle on the body, yet still high intensity. After just a few weeks you will notice your strength, endurance, and overall fitness increase.
- Coordination: Glide Fit HIIT workouts promote improved coordination and reflex responses. This will help your body to react to sudden changes in direction, improve agility and reduce the risk of accidental falls. Coordination should be an automatic reflexive response; with ABST training you can improve your coordination and lower your reaction time.
- Strength: Balance/Stability training is challenging for your central nervous system. Using Glide Fit HIIT to ignite your central nervous system (CNS) is the key to maximizing your performance in the weight room. Glide Fit HIIT will force your CNS to recruit and engage more muscles fibers compared to doing the same exercise off the water. This will train your body to move with maximal velocity and force. This effect is known as post activation potentiation (PAP), which is the increase in muscle force and rate of force development as a result of the previous activation of the muscle.
- Body Awareness: Body awareness is the sense of how your own limbs are oriented and moving in space (also referred to as proprioception). Balance training promotes increased body awareness, which makes movement more seamless, with less likelihood of injury.
- Joint Stability: Glide Fit HIIT training promotes stable ankles, knees, hips, spine, shoulders, and arms. Strengthening these joints will help to prevent numerous injuries such as rolled ankles or knee problems. You can also find benefit from increased range of motion in your joints.
- Reaction Time: If you slip or stumble when carrying out challenging balance exercises your body needs to stabilize itself immediately or you will fall. Glide Fit HIIT can improve your reaction time as you learn to quickly correct a mistake, but not over-correct.
- Fun & Challenge:Incorporating Glide Fit HIIT into your routine helps to maintain and improve balance, which is needed to prevent falls and fractures. Good balance is extremely important as we grow older; it’s a skill that everyone will benefit from, young or old. One of the best parts of Glide FIt HIIT training is that it is never too late to start – all ages will see benefits from adding Glide Fit HIITinto their routine.
- Long term health: Incorporating Glide Fit HIIT into your routine helps to maintain and improve balance, which is needed to prevent falls and fractures. Good balance is extremely important as we grow older; it’s a skill that everyone will benefit from, young or old. One of the best parts of ABST training is that it is never too late to start – all ages will see benefits from adding Glide Fit HIIT into their routine.
- Weight loss: Glide Fit HIIT dramatically increases weight loss over standard exercises. When you are training on an unstable platform your body will be forced to engage many more muscles than when doing the same exercises on land. ABST not only strengthens your core and large muscle groups, it also engages the muscles used to stabilize your body. When these muscles are challenged, they will begin to create new muscle mass, which will increase your metabolism and you will have long-lasting, meaningful weight loss.
Glide Fit HIIT Class Times
Friday 11:00am-11:45am AND 7:15-8:00pm
We will provide all our members with an opportunity to enjoy the water in a clean and safe environment through water safety instruction, fun and fitness.
All those using any areas of the facility must be dressed appropriately.
In the swimming pool, we ask that all those on the pool deck remove footwear (flip flops are acceptable). Especially during the winter time with the snow, sand and salt we ask to keep the deck and pool tidy.